This How-to should provide you basic how to use vcbMC-1.0.6 Beta for your VMware ESX virtual machine backup operation.
- Browse virtual machines
- Manual backup virtual machines
- Register virtual machines for autobackup
- Auto backup virtual machines
- Others (Unmount virtual machine images)
- vcbMC-1.0.6 Beta
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Task Schedule
Should go under default directory (c:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Consolidated Backup Framwork)
a)Make sure to copy below files to vcb default directory (c:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Consolidated Backup Framwork)
If the installation doesn’t copy to the vcb folder it automatically.
3) cmd.exe (Auto Backup)
Change default startup directory from “c:\windows\system32″ to “c:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Consolidated Backup Framwork)”
* Go to regedit
* Command Processor
Double click “AutoRun” & please key-in “CD /D C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Consolidated Backup Framework”
BROWSING YOUR VIRTUAL MACHINE
Before you can browse the list of virtual machines found on your ESX hosts, first you must store it into vcbMC temporary file (browser_log.txt). To do this :
- Launch vcbMC
- Put your ESX ip address, user & source=any, then press button “Get VM”
- Key in your password and press “Enter”
- Then browse and find your virtual machine name by pressing top menu button “Virtual Machine”. (use UP/DOWN keyboard arrow buttton)
- Put your ESX ip address, username, password & etc. (Please use combo box instead manually insert the parameters for “source”, “type” and “Mode”)
- Press button “Generate” then observe & verify the whole command line & parametes must correct.
- Press button “Confirm” to lock all the parameters from any changes.
- Press button “Start” to start manual backup operation.
REGISTER / GENERATE VIRTUAL MACHINE .BAT
vcbMC do auto backup for your virtual machines by referring to .bat files generated and stored in VMware vcb default directory. To generate first .bat file for your virtual machine :
- Press button “Add VM” to start register/generate your virtual machine .bat file.
- Key in your ESX ip address, username, password & etc as shown in the picture below.
- Press ” OK” then observe & verify the full vcb command before vcbMC going to store it into your .bat file.
- Once satisfied, press button ‘Generate .bat”
- Changed default CMD start-up to c:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Consolidated Backup Framework\
- Generated .bat for auto backup virtual machines
To start backup virtual machine automatically, please do :
- Press top menu button “Auto”
- Click once your virtual machine .bat list
- Change “At run time” to your appropriate time.
- Select on which day the job must be running.
- Press “Activate” to save the job
- Press “refresh” double check whether the job successfully been registered via AT command on “Active Job” Box.
- To delete the job, simply key in the job ID you want to delete.
2 Comments so far
Leave a comment