I admit, I suppose to share this early but nevermind, it’s still useful for some of you. The process seem really straight forward and it’s working as expected. I’ve started with ESX 4.1 Build no. 260247 on one of my office new server (HP DL160) and then later I patch it with the later patches (build 320092).
- Review patch details / list
- Test dry patch
- Install patch
- Download and upload patch files (ESX410-201010001.zip & ESX410-201011001.zip) to ESX folder eg /home/support
- Check current ESX version & remember it $vmware -v
- Go to folder directory $cd /home/support
- Review patch details $ esxupdate –bundle=/home/support/ESX410-201010001.zip scan (must start with sequence eg. October patch must start first before you do November patch)
- Test patch process $ esxupdate –bundle=/home/support/ESX410-201010001.zip stage
- Install patch $ esxupdate –bundle=/home/support/ESX410-201010001.zip update
- Wait patch till finished and reboot the server
- Check and compare ESX new build no.
p/s : Do patch in correct order eg. October patch must start first before you do November patch
1 Comment so far
Leave a comment